Delhi CET 2020: Delhi Polytechnic, Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus, classes
Delhi CET 2020 Application Form Submission has been suspended till 17th April 2020. The exam will be organized by department of Training and Technical Education, Delhi. It is a state level entrance exam which offers admission into diploma courses in the Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and various other fields. To get admission candidates have to qualify the entrance exam with minimum qualifying marks. Candidates successfully qualifying the entrance test will get admission into various government as well as private polytechnic institutions/colleges located in Delhi. In this article we have provided all the details related to Delhi CET 2020.
Delhi CET 2020 Notifications – Application Suspended till 17th April
Delhi CET 2020 Application Form Submission has been extended till 17th April 2020. Check here for application details.
Delhi CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below all the details of Delhi CET 2020 Application:
- Delhi CET 2020 Application Form will be released on the website in the third week of March 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form through online mode only.
- Only one test can be applied by the candidates from the options. Separate application form has to be submitted by the applicants for each test.
- In case any mistake occurs in the application form, candidates can also make corrections in the form from the fourth week of April 2020.
- Last date to submit the filled in application form will be till third week of April 2020.
- The complete application process will involve – Registration, Filling the Application Form, Uploading Images and Payment of Application Fee.
Delhi Polytechnic Admissions 2020 Important Dates
DTE is yet to release the official notification regarding polytechnic admissions. However, aspirants can still scroll down to keep a track of the important dates of the Delhi Polytechnic admissions 2020:
|Important Particulars||Tentative Dates|
|Release of Online Application Form Submission||4th week of March 2020|
|Final Date to Submit Application Form||April 3rd week 2020|
|Last Date to Edit the Application Form||April 3rd week 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||May 3rd week 2020|
|Delhi Polytechnic 2020 Exam||May 4th week 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th week of May 2020|
|Counselling Begin||4th week of June 2020|
Delhi Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to get through Delhi Polytechnic 2020, the candidates can check the eligibility criteria as prescribed by Delhi DET. The criteria is test-based. Check the same out below:
Test 1 (All the 10th based Diploma courses)
- To sit for test 1, the candidates should have passed class 10th with a minimum of 35% marks in Science, Mathematics and English subjects.
- The aspirant must have minimum passing marks in Science, English, and Mathematics subjects each.
Test 2 (Modern Office Practice (English)
To sit for test 2, the candidate should have passed 10th with a minimum of 35% marks in the top three subjects. The candidate must have at least passing marks in English.
Test 3 (Modern Office Practice (Hindi)
To sit for test 3, the candidate should have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks in the top three subjects. At least passing marks in Hindi/Sanskrit is necessary.
Test 4 (Diploma in Pharmacy)
To sit for test 4, the aspirant must have passed class 12th physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects and any one of Biology or Mathematics.
Test 5 (2nd-year Diploma course)
To sit for test 5, the applicant should have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. The candidates who have cleared class 12th science with Mathematics or Technical or Vocational subjects can also apply. The applicants with two-year ITI after 10th standard from Delhi’s recognized institute can also sit for the test.
Also Read:Find Out all the Diploma Courses after 12th Science
Here are the age limits mentioned according to the respective categories:
|Test||Gen (Girls)||Gen (Boys)||OBC (Girls)||OBC (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD (Girls)||SC/ST/PWD (Boys)|
How to Apply for Delhi Polytechnic 2020?
To ensure a hassle-free application process, CollegeDekho has simplified the application process for Delhi Polytechnic admission 2020:
- Fill in the application form online by visiting the official website of the authority. The same can be done from the 3rd week of March 2020.
- Applicants are asked to fill their application form carefully.
- Fill in the required details like education, personal and communication, etc. correctly.
- Upload your scanned passport size signature, photograph, and thumb impression in the asked format.
- Candidates can fill the application form the third week of April 2020.
- Candidates can make corrections in their application form from the fourth week of April 2020. Sending any hard copy of the documents to the exam authority is not required.
- Taking the printout of the application form is highly recommended and keep it secure for future references.
Delhi Polytechnic 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for Delhi Polytechnic Admission 2020 is Rs 400. The payment can be made through credit card/debit card/e-wallet/internet banking/bank challan. The fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Also Read:List of Diploma Courses after Class 12 Arts Stream
Selection Process for Delhi Polytechnic 2020
As mentioned earlier, applicants are screened through CET Delhi. The selection of the candidate to Delhi Polytechnic 2020 is entirely based on merit and the preference chosen by the candidate in the application. Further on, counselling takes place, which is done in Delhi. The centres for the entrance would be Delhi only.
The reservation structure for the Government-sponsored, Govt. Aided, and self-financed private Institutions for the academic year 2020-21 is as per the policy of the Delhi Govt. Seats are Reserved for SC/ST & PH.
|Category||% of seats|
|Wards of Govt. of Delhi employees||0.5%|
Delhi Polytechnic 2020 Counselling Process
After successfully cracking the entrance, the candidate will be asked to attend the counselling process in person which is supposed to start by the last week of June 2020.
Delhi CET counselling 2020 will be divided into four rounds, after which if seats are still vacant, further rounds would be conducted. The counselling would be done online. Seats will be allotted according to the ranks that a candidate has obtained in the entrance. Those satisfied with the given seat can move on to the further process and those who are looking for a better seat can come for the next counselling rounds.
Schedule for Delhi CET counselling 2020:
The important dates and schedule can be found below:
|Important Particulars||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|Commencing of Online Registration and Choice Filling||June’20||June’20||July’20||July’20|
|Result Announcement & Print out of Provisional Allotment Letter||June 2020||July 2020||July 2020||July’20|
|Digital Payment of Partial Institutional Fees||June’20||July’20||July’20||July’20|
|Allotted seat freezing (Online) by the applicant after verification of documents||June 2020||July 2020||July 2020||July 2020|
Payment of Processing Fees:
A total amount of Rs 700 plus bank charges needs to be paid to attend the counselling process, which is a one-time non-refundable payment. This can be made through challan, net banking or debit card.
Documents Required for Delhi Polytechnic 2020 Counselling:
The important documents that will be required for Delhi Polytechnic 2020 counselling are listed below:
- Payment receipt of Online Partial payment
- Copy of Provisional Allotment Letter (found on the official website)
- Copy of On-line Registration Slip (found on the official website)
- Copy of choices submitted by Candidate (found on the official website)
- Two latest identical Color Photographs same as on the admit card.
- Admit Card of CET-2019
- Proof of date of birth
- Certificate and Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination issued by the Board
- Conduct and Character Certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Transfer Certificate/School leaving Certificate/Migration Certificate
- Declaration/Undertaking for non-migration
Stay tuned to monitor the latest updates of Delhi Polytechnic Admissions 2020.